The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Greggz 120G Rainbow Fish Tank (w/Plants)
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Greggz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Greggz 120G Rainbow Fish Tank (w/Plants)

I’ve been visiting this site often for months, but haven't started a thread about my own tank. I have posted a few times seeking advice, have chipped in when I think I have something to offer, but have mostly just read and learned. The information has been invaluable, and I thank everyone here for the wealth of knowledge available here.

Let me say I consider mine a fish tank with plants, not a planted tank with fish. I absolutely love the Dutch scapes here, and marvel at how people create those underwater magical worlds. Just baffles me how they do it. Some are really artists, and I wish I had that vision (and knowhow).

I have been keeping aquariums for over 30 years, so at least as far as fish goes, I do know what has worked for me, and hopefully have something to offer there.

Now to the tank, it’s a 120G (60”Lx18”Dx26”H) Rainbow fish tank. I’ve kept low tech planted for many years, and then late last year I decided to add pressurized CO2 and get more serious about plants.

My plan is to add details about the tank over time, and describe how I got to where the tank is today.

So to start, here's a link to a video of where the tank is today, and a couple of pics of how it's progressed since I started this new phase.

Greggz 120G Planted Rainbow Tank Video:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread Post 2015-10-5.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	608649  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thread Post 2016-2-22.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	608657