The Planted Tank Forum banner

Burkert 6011 A with 2507 Cable Plug

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Tyrone 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess everything we do here is unnecessary and sometimes overkill, but these are our toys, so here I go...

I have a Burkert 2507 cable plug type B that doesn’t look Burkert genuine. I looked it up on the Burkert site, and noticed that the type B cable plug has an option with LED, rectifier, varistor and a power supply. So I want it all (even though I have no idea what a rectifier or varister is, and it’s probably not necessary), but I just want someone to confirm that it would work on my 6011 A. I’m also concerned with the power supply. Should I just get a computer cord or should I get the power supply? Because aquariumplants.com mentioned about heat, and I was wondering if a power supply with less voltage would cool it down? I’m just wondering if it’s going to be enough voltage for my specific solenoid. I couldn’t find my solenoid’s information on their website.

I want laser sites and a scope on my metering valve, too. Maybe I’ll face the LED forwards. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a 24V DC solenoid, if you hook a computer cable up to it you're going to pump 120V AC into that bad boy and fry it. Burkert sells a 120V AC version you can hook a computer cable too, but that isn't what you have.

You'll need a 24V DC power supply to wire into it. I got one on amazon for $12, you can get them on ebay for less if you're willing to wait.

These do get pretty warm, I'm not sure if undervolting it would do any irreversible harm, but it might not work correctly 100% of the time would be your risk.

#7 ·
My AC/DC adapter finally came in. I hope I bought the right one.

Bump: The Burkert 6011 solenoid along with the 2507 cable plug, can be arranged in a few ways. I also have an exploded diagram of it. Someone might find this helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.