I been trying to find a way to get this pesky and annoying problem I have with python gravel vac. It's big, wide diameter and clumsy (24 inch long). You gotta be near the tank or have someone there holding that big gravel vac or it would go flying out of the tank, doesn't want to stay in place.
People on here suggest clamps and DIY pvc. Don't want that.
I needed something that can hang on the side of the tank while it drain the water once I got done surfacing the gravel of the tank.
Here is my improved version and mucher better!!
Using wat is already in the fish market for a long time and maybe "forgotten". Lee Mr. Cleaner, I attach their hose to it and wat a difference it makes.
Why is this much better than the gravel vac it came with???
1. Mr cleaner is battery powered which doesn't need you to full blast on the other end of your sink to create a siphon. With its battery, I turn it on and boom water start flowing to the sink and siphon is created.
2. Once siphon is created, turn off the power and it still runs!!
3. Hang that baby on the side of the tank and enjoy watching it drains hands free!! I did say hands free right!?
4. I haven't try this yet but with the extended tube, you can take out as many percent of water you want by moving the gravel tube up or down. It breaks the siphon once it gets below the water line mark on Mr. Cleaner.
5. I haven't try to refill with water while Mr cleaner is attached. I hook up the python hook to do my water refill.
Of course, still waiting to see if the company python would make something similar to this with their new product " hook". Instead of just refilling with water, why not take water out and refill with the same product??
Something for Python Inc to think about.
I hope this helps other. Let me know if you try it out and your improved.