Yes! Finally I found out what the cannister I just bought off Ebay was. SunSun. and from what Im hearing.. Its one Helluva deal. I paid $50.38 total for this filter! That's it... You cant even DIY for that price, Hell just the pump will cost you more. Nothing gets to me more than Hobby Snobs. People that think because they have all ADA products or they spent more $ on theirs than yours they are better... Give ME A BREAK!!!
I saw a pair of curved SS Scissors on ADA for $120 last week... That is almost the stupidest thing ive ever seen..... I've been using the same pair of $8 scissors for 5 years now. Never sharpened them.... Does that mean the ADA's are better... Hell no! It's just a name you are paying for people!.
First of all, did you ever trim with ADA scissors?
I can feel the difference between ADA brand scissors and the "more affordable" Do-Aqua line (same company might I add, both ADA). If you ask me... the ADA scissors ARE BETTER than the Do-Aqua's.
If the Do-Aqua's felt the same then I would've bought those instead. Just buy what you can afford and you pay what you're willing to pay.
Does that mean the ADA's are better... Hell no! It's just a name you are paying for people!.
Again, it's not always about the price. I payed like $80 for my ADA curved scissors because:
1) it's what my LFS has in stock and selling so I strive to support them as much as I can afford to. Without them, I wouldn't even have an aquarium.
2) $80??? I spend more on gas per week than that.
3) My hands were tired of getting raw from the curved $5 scissors. (you got ripped off gettin it for $8)
4) I figure if I don't want the scissors I can easily dump it for $30-$40... then I can spend it on gas for half a week.
5) Last but NOT least.... the nice ADA logo.