The Planted Tank Forum banner

Python Hose Faucet Adapter

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GraphicGr8s 
#1 ·
So, the plumber change the whole faucet and the adapter for Python hose would no longer fit. I am not sure if a universal faucet adapter would be the answer. FleBay item number:262026024587.

Anyone use this type of faucet before and know the correct fitting for Python hose?
thanks!

Here is the new faucet. The nozzle is fixed/ none threaded.

This is the previous Python adapter that I use and would no longer fit.

See less See more
#2 ·
That aerator comes off. It is threaded onto the spout.

Think about it. All water whether well water or treated county/city water has foreign material in it. Add rust buildup etc and you need to be able to clean the screen that is in that aerator. It's on tight from the factory but it should be able to come off. If you aren't sure call the plumber and ask him.

#4 ·
I use pliers wrapped in a washcloth or rag. Go with the rag. The wife seems to frown on ruining a washcloth. Use pliers with the circular jaws.

#5 ·
Yeah, the aerator comes off. Super tight on there, but does come off. I've removed mine before, but did scratch it up, might of crushed it a bit too.

Not sure if "dipping" (put vinegar in cup or even a bag and hold it at the end of the spout so the aerator is submersed) the end in vinegar for a while will help dissolve some of the mineral build up and make it easier to remove. Hold the spout "arm" still while turning the aerator off too. Try not to break anything haha.

#7 ·
I think it's a new faucet.

Bump:
They only cost a few bucks at the hardware store, you can get the parts with all the other faucet parts supplies - you can bring the old one to match up. New = no more scratches!
Be careful and you won't need to make that trip.

#8 ·
Alright, tried to remove counter clockwise until I learned from youtube to have it turned clockwise. lol.
I wrap it with a shirt and use a regular plier, it came off easily. Scratches a lot when I didnt wrap it with cloth the first time.

#11 ·
Alright, tried to remove counter clockwise until I learned from youtube to have it turned clockwise. lol.
I wrap it with a shirt and use a regular plier, it came off easily. Scratches a lot when I didnt wrap it with cloth the first time.
I warned you.

#10 ·
I kept buying the HD adaptors and they don't work because of that small gap. I also have the one herns has and it works perfectly but I had to find that online.

I get a screw top bottle and orient it according to how whatever I need to unscrew is oriented to figure out which way to go. Righty tighty, lefty loosey doesn't work for me at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.