The Planted Tank Forum banner

Eheim emergency

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  nvision 
#1 ·
So I'm changing the water on the 120, plugging in some power heads under the tank, and maybe I leaned slightly against it, but one of double connectors on my Eheim 2026 actually sheared off!

Any idea where to get a replacement? I looked at Big Al's, and while they list this part:http://www.bigalsonline.com/StoreCatalog/ctl3684/cp18651/si1382833/cl1/eheim_double_tap_connector_f20262028?&path=c3684-def-USD-16695%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq454845494d%7E%7Ec3684-def-USD-18645%23%234%23%235w%7E%7Enc3684-def-USD-18651%23%230%23%2356&query=EHEIM&hits=12&offset=72, they say it is currently out of stock!

#3 ·
Sorry for you that it happened. It also happened to me. Only I tightened it up to much (by hand) and one side split leaking. I'm now keeping reserves in the cabinet. Local Home depot, Lowes hardware store for a double ended 5/8" barb kept things running until my shipment arrived. Unless your your talking about on the canister itself (quick disconnect)

#8 ·
Riverrat - that's the part! Thanks! Thanks for the fast responses, everybody else!

I've got two canisters on that tank (the other is an Eheim 2028), so I think the tank will be ok until the spare part comes - it is very lightly stocked. I have the filter media from the canister that is not running in a bucket with an airstone - will that keep the bacteria alive until I get it up and running again?

#9 ·
FYI - picture of the broken part.

Actually, looking at the stem, I see some small cracks above the place where it sheared off. I wonder if I also tightened it too tight when I originally set it up. Gotta remind myself - it's not meant to withstand a nuclear holocaust.

Anyway, have an order in at PetBlvd, so hopefully will get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Automotive tire Camera accessory Tire Cameras & optics Camera lens

#12 ·
I just got one when I broke mine on my 2028. Lucky for me a friend had an idle 2028 in his garage and I borrowed the part temporarily until my shipped one came.

When I saw the price at eheimparts I searched and found it at PetBlvd. They shipped it promptly, and I bought an EXTRA! Funny thing was when I found it they were only $21 and have gone up since. Still cheaper than eheimparts.

#14 ·
No - not really. That's where the hoses attach I believe. The torque of putting a hose on would overcome the superglue. Darn plastics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.