The Planted Tank Forum banner

29g vs 30g aquarium. any input on which to get?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  PUNISHER VETTE 
#1 ·
I'm selling off my 110g due to probably needing to move soon and it has Neon tetra disease.

I'm going to try and fit as many plants as i can into a new 30g or 29g tank.

I kinda feel like i'd have more mid grown plants then i would tall so i was leaning towards the 30g which is 6in longer then the 29g and only 1in shorter.

Anyone have both and have any input on which one they like better.

Here's my 110g with plants that i'll me trying to fit as many into the new tank.

and here's my 29g shrimp that that i'll eventually be getting rid of too. The wood from this tank is going into the new tank.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd get a 40 breeder if you have to get a sand too. It is 36" long x 18" wide and 16" tall.

The difference between the 30g and 40g breeder is the extra 6" of width.

Also, don't get a 30" aquarium when you can get a 36" aquarium because most aquarium bulbs come in 24", 36", 48" etc. lengths. Most 30" fixtures use 24" bulbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUtw0JhPL3Q&feature=related

#4 ·
Good info about the lights but i've already got a 30in light from my 29g that i'll most likely be using.

But i guess in the future if i needed to upgrade i could with the 30g at 36in wide

I'm pretty sure they didn't have any 40g tanks or else i'd be tempted to buy that. but i really need to scale down and i'm sure the 30g will be fine, I'll just have to get used to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.