The Planted Tank Forum banner

Clear PVC or acrylic tubing

1K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Dead2fall 
#1 ·
Anybody know where I might be able to find some clear PVC or acrylic tubing in real life. I've found some I can order from the internet, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has found some out in the world.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I'm looking to make a spraybar. I've made one out of the typical off white CPVC you can find at all the big box home improvement stores and am not very happy with the appearance. I figured I'd get my hands on some clear tubing to make it instead.

#9 ·
You would have to measure the OD of that thinwall pipe.....I don't know if it will fit into standard Sch40/80 fittings.

I think I have a chunk of 3/4" thinwall rigid tubing at home. I'll get some measurements later (assuming I can find it).

Keep in mind too that a clear spraybar will quickly grow algae like glass/acrylic lily pipes. You will want to design it so that it can be cleaned as it will become unsightly if you don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.