The Planted Tank Forum banner

RO water? Ro systems? Who uses, where do you shop for them?

580 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Raul-7 
#1 ·
I've been wondering how one would go about installing and using an RO unit so that they can use either pure RO water and then re-mineralize as needed, or just do 50/50 RO/Tap. I'm not even sure what one would be looking for or where to start.

#2 ·
I use one and love it, takes about 18:30 per gallon. For my sensitive shrimp i remin the water every one else gets 50/50 tap. I got mine off a group buy with bulk reef supply (brs) it takes my tap (usually 350+ tds) down to 1 according to my tds meter. It hooks up right into your existing faucet. Make sure you grab some extra stage 1 filters because those foul the quickest.

Also be sure to know if your municipality uses chloramines or chlorine as they are two different systems.

#5 ·
I got mine from bulk reef supply. I never installed it under the sink, they come with a "non permanent sink or garden hose adapter". I just hook it up once a week (simply screw it into the end of the kitchen faucet) fill up my trashcan on wheels and put it away when done. I run a power head in the trash can to keep the water moving.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.