how to clean detritus from bare bottom tank?
One of my tanks is bare bottom housing oscars. Of course they leave a huge a mess.
My python and also regular vac is not powerful enough as the tank is tall and also at the bottom of a double stand. what is the best way to remove "crap" from this tank?
strategically positioning powerhead and having over filtration is unfortunately not solving the issue.
ive researched a few but am not sure - some have not so favorable reviews:
1. Magnum 350 - some places mention of including a vac but am not sure how it would work; lots of impeller complaints. i assume this method with the diatom filter will clog very easily (within minutes?) - and therefore having to clean the canister often. how easy is it to do that? can be used without diatom powder
2. Vortex Diatom filter - similar to magnum 350 but better? question - can you use this without the diatom powder? if not it sounds like a mess
3. cobalt power gravel cleaner - a bunch of review says its an overpriced python (but i guess with power) and not worth getting?
4. eheim power vac - no one recommends this because its battery powered and not powerful enough.
5. someone is saying xp4 is like a magnum but better(?)
Last edited by Mshen11; 05-20-2013 at 04:46 AM.