What do you guys think? - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
What do you guys think?

So, I don't like the clunky hood of my tank. I just got my finnex fugeray and I want something along the lines of an all glass canopy. What do you guys recommend? I have a 25 gallon tank which measures 24"x12".
I'm having trouble finding an all glass canopy for that size? I wonder if I could make a hood for cheap... I'd go without a hood but the splash from my filter may be dangerous to my light!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Wannabe Guru
You could go to a local glass shop and have them cut a piece of glass for you to shape. Also maybe even Home Depot?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Planted Member
Have you already looked at these?

Also, consider not using a top at all. Unless your filter is splashing a lot it shouldn't wet the light. If it is splashing that much you might want to consider adding more water.

I currently have no top on my 36 and I'm using a finnex Ray2. I use a spray bar on a canister filter though, so i don't get any splashing.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
What do you guys think?

Yeah, those look like a good option. I would like to not use a top however I'm using a marineland emperor and I tend to get a lot of backsplash even when the water level drops just below the filter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode