Eheim 2213 low flow problem - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Eheim 2213 low flow problem

I woke up this morning to water trickling out of the spraybar on my Eheim 2213 (it's less than a year old). So, basically gutted it, rinsed the coarse pad which was gunked up, replaced the fine pad, cleaned the hoses, cleaned the spraybar, cleaned the impeller on the pump, and still the flow is about 1/3 to 1/4 what it should be, it improved a tiny bit after all this but not enough to make a big difference. I've also taken off the strainer on the intake and cleaned that as well. So my only guess is it's something within the top of the filter. Problem is I've never taken it apart, basically I don't go past the impeller. The diagram in the manual shows a different lid almost than what mine has. It has a part you have to pop off with a screwdriver, and I don't see that on mine. I'm going to wait til this afternoon to attempt to gut it but wasn't sure if folks could help maybe troubleshoot before I get into it or tell me what I need to look for that would cause the flow to be so reduced. Or help me figure out how to get it apart. Oh, and no kinks in the hoses, nothing has changed with the setup, the flow has been a little reduced over the last day or two but this morning it was just dribbling out of the spraybar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 PM
Planted Member

Did you clean out the quick disconnects also? Might have some gunk in there.

Test the filter again with no media or anything in it. Does your flow increase or still trickles?

EHEIM #525
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Are you running any kind of reactor on the output or input of the filter? My 2236 started running really slow one day, and like you I checked everything and couldn't find one thing wrong. I removed the reactor and the flow was back to normal.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Got it fixed. I had run hot water through the tubing because I just didn't see too much gunk build up. Boy was I wrong, decided to pull the intake hose off and run a pipe cleaning brush through it and the quick connects and I'm back to 100% now. WHEW! Thanks for the posts
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Planted Member

EHEIM #525

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode