Please help me choose which outflow lily pipe - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWANNAGOFAST View Post
The smallest poppy pipe is a little larger than a golf ball, def. smaller than a tennis ball. I have it on my 60H, but I think it might be a bit large for a mini-L.

I'm using the cal aqua nano fluxus on my girlfriend's mini-L and I'm not a fan. The way the flow is directed (down) blows away the soil and sand sometimes if the flow is too strong. Same situation with the violet pipes.

For a smaller tank like a mini L, I would go for either the do!aqua jet or ada mini jet pipes, or try to find the regular looking lily pipes. these I think are the best because the flow isn't pointed down, so you don't kick up your substrate.
Exact answer I was looking for! Thanks for your help. I figured the violet and the fluxus would create a problem with the down flow. May I ask what filter you have on the mini-l?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
I'm using the cal aqua nano fluxus on my girlfriend's mini-L and I'm not a fan. The way the flow is directed (down) blows away the soil and sand sometimes if the flow is too strong.
I'm looking at the Cal Aqua Nano fluxus pipes

and the outflow pipe looks like its pointing upwards. But you're saying that it actually directs the flow downwards??? Damn, I was going to get those pipes (because it looks like it points upwards)
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello View Post
I'm looking at the Cal Aqua Nano fluxus pipes

and the outflow pipe looks like its pointing upwards. But you're saying that it actually directs the flow downwards??? Damn, I was going to get those pipes (because it looks like it points upwards)
If you follow the main pipe, you'll notice it doesn't "curve" the water up. The top of the opening actually sits above the water so that it can skim the top protein layer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just taking a wild assumption.
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicolas View Post
I've asked GLA when they'll be getting more fluxus sets in and they said by next week. I'm glad I've had to wait for them because I would have just ordered them without putting much thought into it. Which led me to this thread.
+1 on this! I also received a response from GLA saying their fluxus set should be in no later than two weeks as of 3/4/13. I'm thinking of getting it for my ADA 45-f
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicolas View Post
Exact answer I was looking for! Thanks for your help. I figured the violet and the fluxus would create a problem with the down flow. May I ask what filter you have on the mini-l?
I used an ehiem 2232 ecco. I'm not a huge fan of the classics because they're harder to prime.

The nano fluxus does point down, and because of the single suction cup, and the placement of it, it causes it point even more downwards... not sure if I make sense here.

Actually, thinking about it again, maybe the fluxus nano would be great on a mini-L since it's a taller tank. I used it on a 60F too and that was no bueno
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
I used an ehiem 2232 ecco. I'm not a huge fan of the classics because they're harder to prime.

The nano fluxus does point down, and because of the single suction cup, and the placement of it, it causes it point even more downwards... not sure if I make sense here.

Actually, thinking about it again, maybe the fluxus nano would be great on a mini-L since it's a taller tank. I used it on a 60F too and that was no bueno
Didn't you say that you used the fluxus nano on your girlfriends mini-l?
post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Does anyone know the difference between the Do!aqua JP-1 and the ADA Mini P-1?

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...products_id=79

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=736

Visually they look very similar but it states the JP-1 produces a strong current whereas the MP-2 produces a moderate flow. If I adjust the flow on my filter will the JP-1 perform like the MP-2? Or is the $40 difference worth it?
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

bump, ready to place my order. need last minute opinion.
post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanLH View Post
+1 on this! I also received a response from GLA saying their fluxus set should be in no later than two weeks as of 3/4/13. I'm thinking of getting it for my ADA 45-f
Hmm.. wonder why I haven't gotten ANY kind of response from them, other than the automated kind.
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Algae Grower

Get the ADA, the violet glass jet tip is pinched to increase pressure which just makes water flow harder directly across the tank. The ADA product will distribute flow better which I'm sure is what you're looking for. I'd get a P2 though if it'll fit your tank and filter. The dispersion of flow is really nice and it'll aerate the surface well if near the top or slightly out of the water.
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I can maybe make custom acrylic pipes for you. Only in 9-10 mm sizes though.

ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Algae Grower

The mini p2 doesn't have the same tip as the reg p2 so its not gonna have the same effect on dispersal of flow.
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

If any of you are interested I have a brand new set of Do Aqua pipes that I decided to not use. I have the violet glass mp-1 10 mm and the violet glass mv-1 13 mm. Decided to go another route.

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=368

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=369
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 04:45 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

How much?

ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode