The Planted Tank Forum banner

Atomic co2 diffuser

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  NJAquaBarren 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this diffuser. Does it create fine co2 bubbles. I want to know if it will be fine for a 75 gal aquarium. I am talking about the ones nilocg is selling link provided. Any help would be good thanks.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195878

#2 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this diffuser. Does it create fine co2 bubbles. I want to know if it will be fine for a 75 gal aquarium. I am talking about the ones nilocg is selling link provided. Any help would be good thanks.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=195878
Personally, I was not happy with their performance. What kind of regulator do you have? I only had an aquatek regulator at the time and it barely had enough working pressure to make it work. If you're looking at a good atomic diffuser for a 75 gallon, you might look at Green Leaf Aquairums. I tried the "large" size UP Aqua atomizer like the one in the link and it isn't very big. There's really not much surface area that bubbles can come out from. I use GLA atomic diffusers now and I couldn't be happier with them. That's just my experience.

#7 ·
I use a GLA Atomic Diffuser on my 55 gallon. It works great in terms of creating very fine bubbles as it is designed to do, however as a previous poster mentions, you will have a bunch of bubbles throughout your aquarium. If that type of thing bothers you, then you should consider a reactor. Not sure about the one you are looking at, but for the GLA Atomic Diffuser you will also need a good Co2 regulator. It has a high initial cracking pressure so you will need to crank up the PSI to 45, then you can adjust it down. I keep mine at 35 PSI. I might replace it with a reactor this Summer, but for now it does its job and I am completely satisfied with the purchase.

Would I recommend or purchase again? Definitely and without hesitation.

http://greenleafaquariums.com/co2-diffusers.html

The one you are looking at is priced much lower than the GLA. For that price I don't see how you can go wrong.

#11 ·
I just replaced an in tank reactor with an atomic diffuser in my 84g main tank.

It works great. I have the smallest one that I bought for a nano tank. Put it in just to see and low and behold my indicator went to light green in hours. My tank is heavily planted with lots of surface agitation. Some plants started pearling day one. I was shocked.

I was ver surprised to see the small diffuser work on a large tank, but the result is undeniable.

There are some fine bubbles, but I have to get close to the tank to see them. I don't find it a distraction at all.

So, great result from a tiny diffuser in a big, densely planted tank. A very nice surprise.
Plant Green Organism Terrestrial plant Rectangle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.