The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bubble counter... how often do you change fluid?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  laqu 
#1 ·
I have a bubble counter I'm using - added the fluid, got it mounted, watched it change from blue to green yesterday... all very exciting.

This morning, came in and its blueish... as I'd suspect, having the CO2 off all night. Just fired up the CO2 an hour ago, in another hour I'll turn on the lights and I suspect by then I'll be seeing green again.

So how long will this 4 dKH and Reagent last in my bubble counter? Do I need to change it daily, or weekly, or??

Or once I'm in the groove and have a feel for the bubble counter and the interval I need to keep it in the green, will I even need it at all, except for the occasional sanity check?

Thanks

-Ken

#6 ·
i change mine when i tip it over and get tank water in it (every 2-3 weeks) or when i find dead shrimplets in it (i assume dead babies will change he kdh water)
and yes, I am a complete kultz - thus the getting tank water in it...

#7 ·
I also change my solution on a monthly basis or so.

i change mine when i tip it over and get tank water in it (every 2-3 weeks) or when i find dead shrimplets in it (i assume dead babies will change he kdh water)
:icon_eek: I am surprised baby shrimp are making their way into your drop checker.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.