The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help finishing Co2 reactor build

600 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  kevmo911 
#1 ·
I started building a Rex-Griggs style CO2 reactor, but I need help with sealing the two air-line ports on the top..

Sorry for the mspaint picture, but I'm away on my laptop for the day, and I don't have a way to take pictures.

here's what I built with 2" PVC -

After gluing it all together, I drilled two holes in the top for the CO2 intake and for a "release valve" (per some forum post I remember reading here)..

Now, the tube doesn't seal in the hole perfectly, so how do I seal it up? I tried squeezing a mess of silicone around it, but it still leaked on me...

Do I need to start over and glue it from the inside?

See less See more
#3 ·
If you can, get a 1/8" NPT to 1/8" barb adapter. Then drill a 3/8" hole, wrap some teflon tape around the adapter threads, and screw it in. The 1/8" NPT threads are just a bit larger than the 3/8" (actual size) hole, so it fits nice and snug.

I originally found the adapters at Ace, as neither Lowes or HD had 1/8" NPT, only 1/4" NPT. And, if you can wait a few days, they're also readily available via Evilbay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.