It was only working for me when I was pretty much neglecting the tank. But when I decided I wanted to add shrimp & some new varieties of plants I got concerned that I was hovering on the precipice of a major algae disaster - those are not fun and not something I wanted to deal with once I put shrimp in.
The bulb in the above pic is the 36 watt. I've been running it for about 2 months now. Added red cherries, frogbit, melon sword, Hygro corymbosa compact, green gecko crypts, bacopa lanigera, and one other I can't remember right now. It looks like I also got a random piece of riccia. The moss, rotala,and anubias were from the neglected time period. And I increased the dwarf pygmy pop.
I haven't had huge growth (yay for that) but things look healthy and just enough algae/biofilm on the glass for the baby shrimps.
I do recognize that coralife aren't the best fixtures. sometimes just getting by isn't really the same thing as working. Overall, I consider this a minor tweak, not a major fix.
EHEIM 2213 #317
Last edited by notropis; 01-11-2013 at 03:35 AM.