http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
Thanks! Oh and I appreciate all the help lately, very nice of you helping out this hobby.

It's a Matheson 3122 Stainless Steel 4 - 100 psi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
My praxair they helped me find

Good luck on the builds guys. Post the pics when done!
post #123 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Thanks! Oh and I appreciate all the help lately, very nice of you helping out this hobby.

It's a Matheson 3122 Stainless Steel 4 - 100 psi
amazing, when you asked whether to get this reg, didn't know the condition of this beast.
Even it is a chrome plated, this thing is $500+ retail price, the same condition as the one in the picture, good buy!

Now I am drooling all over, :P

Here is a system, built a while ago, with identical regulator.

post #124 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
I just got a great brand new rebranded concoa 312 dual stage of evil bay for 59 shipped. There are good deals you just have to know what to look for. I was educated by oldpink betatail and a few others. I also just got a Parker metering valve of evil bay for 28 shipped brand new and retails is 485.00

There is a used good working concoa 312 on there right now for 40 free shipping

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
i saw the used concoa on ebay, however just curious how do you know its a 'good working' one? did you by chance interact with the seller? its listed as used sold as is... i guess for the price, you just roll the dice?
post #125 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
The Security Dude

Yeah I would only buy one if they offer some warranty, I see alot on there with a 14 day return

55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
post #126 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
amazing, when you asked whether to get this reg, didn't know the condition of this beast.
Even it is a chrome plated, this thing is $500+ retail price, the same condition as the one in the picture, good buy!

Now I am drooling all over, :P
The guy quoted me 600+, of course I didn't believe him. Is there a way to tell if it's chrome plated or Stainless Steel? Visually speaking I mean, would chrome be way more shinny?
Is the regulator in your picture Stainless Steel or Chrome?

ADA 60P
|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|Fluval Edge[6g] |DIY Diffuser YT
E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
post #127 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

A 3120 Series is nickle plated brass.

http://www.mathesongas.com/pdfs/prod...-Regulator.pdf

Op's - to answer your question, yes, the chrome ones are lot shinier (in general) than most stainless. Some of the stainless ones have been more polished and are pretty darn shiny. Most stainless regs have what I would consider a 'brushed' look. Nickle plating is pretty close to the appearance of stainless steal.

Last edited by oldpunk78; 01-06-2013 at 12:16 AM. Reason: I forget...
post #128 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Let's just pretend it's Stainless Stain. How come Bettatail's 3120 series regulator looks less shinny? I know my gauges for sure is not SS, wish I could see the same for my regulator.
Thanks for the correction, my ego and self-esteem needed that.

Any recommendation for a good solenoid? I would prefer it not to be hot, and not in need of rewiring.

ADA 60P
E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C

Last edited by FlyingHellFish; 01-06-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: ... no one will never know.
post #129 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

[QUOTE=FlyingHellFish;2163697]
It is the same model in the picture, took the picture without auto/enhence settings to show the most realistic look, so it wasn't as "shiny" as yours.

As oldpunk mentioned, all 3120 model are plated, mantheson 3180 or 9400 are true Stainless, $800+ retail though.
post #130 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Must be my iPhone 4 camera, makes everything pretty shinny. Here is a chrome CGA 320 nut next to it.

Edit: Anyone know about these panel mounts? You can have a row of regulators and remove the adjustment knob so no one else can mess with them. Matheson has a pdf guide for this. So according to them, you can remove the knob by loosing the hex nut. Set it at a pressure that you want and hold it with a flat head screw driver. Once the knob removed, you won't have to worry about someone messing around with the thing.

But then again....you won't have an awesome blue knob with a Matheson sticker on the cap.

ADA 60P

Last edited by FlyingHellFish; 01-06-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Set it and forget it.
post #131 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Are you really considering panel mounting your regulator? That will pretty much cause you to need to run a line to cylinder instead of just going right from cylinder to regulator. Running a high pressure line can get costly.
post #132 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Are you really considering panel mounting your regulator? That will pretty much cause you to need to run a line to cylinder instead of just going right from cylinder to regulator. Running a high pressure line can get costly.
+1. Not sure why you would consider panel mounting when just cylinder mounting is perfectly fine.

Anthony

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #133 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Edit: Anyone know about these panel mounts? You can have a row of regulators and remove the adjustment knob so no one else can mess with them. Matheson has a pdf guide for this. So according to them, you can remove the knob by loosing the hex nut. Set it at a pressure that you want and hold it with a flat head screw driver. Once the knob removed, you won't have to worry about someone messing around with the thing.

But then again....you won't have an awesome blue knob with a Matheson sticker on the cap.

good to try, but is there any need to make the system stationary underneath your fish tank, if your fish tank is not an oversize one?

besides front bracket panel mount in your picture, there are back bracket mount or back support mount(mainly for single stage), and manifold back support mount.

swagelok compression tube fittings and swagelok braided air hose, or parker parflex hose, are good to connect between the regulator and co2 tank. These high pressure hose or fittings are quit expensive, anyway, you can get a $500+ matheson 3120 regulator for $100, look hard enough you will find yourself the right braided hose and compression fitting at really low cost.

this is one of the typical mounting spare set(manifold back support mount), I've showed it here or there, and actually it is a set I save for myself, once the new stand for the fish tank is built, this mount set will be utilized. several other back bracket mount kits available though, don't have the picture.
post #134 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I don't have the kind of cash for that.

Just thought I throw that info out there. If anyone was wondering about the adjustable knob, it is removable - for Matheson anyways.

Anyways, what you guys do with your CGA 580 connection or whatever came with your regulator? Do you just sell it?

ADA 60P
post #135 of 750 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Anyways, what you guys do with your CGA 580 connection or whatever came with your regulator? Do you just sell it?
I keep mine for a rainy day

I have so many now though...

Anthony

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode