How to build a co2 regulator [56k!] - Page 20 - The Planted Tank Forum

 2Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #286 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
AlanLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Ya, but you'd need a few adapters and would have to run it inline. No mounting that one.
a few adapters?
AlanLe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
oldpunk78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anderson, CA
Posts: 6,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanLe View Post
a few adapters?
Sorry, 2 to be specific :/

You'd need 2) 1/16 tube adapters to 1/8 barb. Or 1/16 tube to 1/4 tube depending on how you'd want to do it.

What would Honey Badger do?
oldpunk78 is online now  
post #288 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
AlanLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,541
How to build a co2 regulator [56k!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
Sorry, 2 to be specific :/

You'd need 2) 1/16 tube adapters to 1/8 barb. Or 1/16 tube to 1/4 tube depending on how you'd want to do it.
Yeah i saw the picture in the other post.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/onephattai/media/banners/alanle.png.html
AlanLe is offline  
post #289 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
AlanLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,541
How to build a co2 regulator [56k!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
don't forget to ask them the stainless steel CGA 320 nipple and nut, when you are in Sunnyvale.
and you can check the price of these fittings, big different of brass and stainless steel.

as for swagelok metering valve, hunt one down from evil bay first, then order the adapter fittings, also from Sunnyvale, make sure don't get the VCR port metering valve, VCR adapter fittings are expensive.
The angle Swagelok metering valve is expensive. I like the Ideal metering valve. Im thinking of powder coating the whole system matte black even the canister.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/onephattai/media/banners/alanle.png.html
AlanLe is offline  
post #290 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Plant Clown
 
kevmo911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 4,687
The Ideal is a good valve. In my experience, the Swagelok S series is more precise. Unfortunately, without a (much larger) metered handle, the S series might actually *seem* less precise (larger handle means a longer distance traveled around the circumference for the same fraction of a turn). In any case, there's somebody with a few SS-SS4-A (1/4" tube fittings, so you'd need at least one adapter) on the 'bay for about $81 shipped, which is similar to an Ideal. And it's stainless steel.

However, you'd probably want to spring for a Vernier handle, which is another (I forget, but maybe) $25 new from Swagelok. That'd bring the cost up well over that of an Ideal ...though the SS Ideal would still be a bit more than that.

Or you could just go cheap and simple and get a Fabco and be done with it
kevmo911 is offline  
post #291 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,385
^ That Parker H3 was such a ridiculous deal, I forgot how expensive metering valves were. I kind of skip over the whole researching about metering valve, what you guys think about those SMC needle valves?

I saw some for 3 - 5 dollars on fleabay, it was pretty good. Never got them though, they look EXACTLY like the ADA one.



ADA 60P
|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|Fluval Edge[6g] |DIY Diffuser YT
E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
FlyingHellFish is online now  
post #292 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Bettatail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
^ That Parker H3 was such a ridiculous deal, I forgot how expensive metering valves were. I kind of skip over the whole researching about metering valve, what you guys think about those SMC needle valves?

I saw some for 3 - 5 dollars on fleabay, it was pretty good. Never got them though, they look EXACTLY like the ADA one.
ADA use SMC AS2000 series needle valve, the SMC AS1000 series we use is better, lol,
Bettatail is offline  
post #293 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Bettatail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
The Ideal is a good valve. In my experience, the Swagelok S series is more precise. Unfortunately, without a (much larger) metered handle, the S series might actually *seem* less precise (larger handle means a longer distance traveled around the circumference for the same fraction of a turn). In any case, there's somebody with a few SS-SS4-A (1/4" tube fittings, so you'd need at least one adapter) on the 'bay for about $81 shipped, which is similar to an Ideal. And it's stainless steel.

However, you'd probably want to spring for a Vernier handle, which is another (I forget, but maybe) $25 new from Swagelok. That'd bring the cost up well over that of an Ideal ...though the SS Ideal would still be a bit more than that.

Or you could just go cheap and simple and get a Fabco and be done with it
not receive my PM? told you it is time to supply the Parkers.
Bettatail is offline  
post #294 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,385
Hopefully Bettatail has another deal in the works? Maybe a deal on a solenoid? Uhmm?



ADA 60P
|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|Fluval Edge[6g] |DIY Diffuser YT
E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
FlyingHellFish is online now  
post #295 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Bettatail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHellFish View Post
Hopefully Bettatail has another deal in the works? Maybe a deal on a solenoid? Uhmm?
you are obligated to pass the good news when the time come.
Bettatail is offline  
post #296 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 AM
Planted Tank Guru
 
FlyingHellFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,385
Just give me the nod, and it shall be done.



ADA 60P
|ADA 60F|ADA 30C|Fluval Edge[6g] |DIY Diffuser YT
E-series E60 on ADA60F - MicMol AquaMini x3 on ADA 60P - MicMol AquaPro on ADA30C
FlyingHellFish is online now  
post #297 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Algae Grower
 
sukebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 87
How to build a co2 regulator [56k!]

Please share, I need two good solenoids for a build myself...

Is your fecundity a trammel or a treasure?
sukebe is offline  
post #298 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
kingjombeejoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 416
Now, I'm wondering what you guys are talking about.
kingjombeejoe is offline  
post #299 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
AlanLe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,541
Can we substitute SS-2C2-1/3 with another part? This part is really expensive.
AlanLe is offline  
post #300 of 752 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
oldpunk78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anderson, CA
Posts: 6,387
^ the ones just like that one with tube connections are usually readily available on fleabay. That's what I've been using...

What would Honey Badger do?
oldpunk78 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome