I thought I fixed my issue, but it turns out that I just didn't follow the testing directions. But I think I might have a similar problem with air leaking from second stage to the first. The first stage tested fine. I tested the second stage (properly this time), and it didn't hold pressure overnight. I blocked the outlet with a plug, and retested with similar results. I removed both gauges, and I reinstalled them with teflon tape and they're tighter than before. I retested with similar results. Then I replaced the safety valve with a plug and retested with similar results. In between each test, I searched for a leak with soapy water. I didn't find any leaks.
I just charged the first stage, and set the second stage at 40 psi. So the HPG is showing 800 psi, and the LPG is at 40 psi, and I turned off the co2 tank. I will post my results.
Last edited by D-Linquent; 04-20-2013 at 09:02 PM.