Atomic Inline Co2 Diffuser 16? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Planted Member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks man - That is totally acceptable - as long as the plants are growing well and the fish aren't choking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWen View Post
My intense inline diffuser:

VIDEO
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Planted Member

If you have your diffuser right next to the output. That isn't enough time to dissolve. I think all you have to do to avoid the 7up look is extent the output tubing after the diffuser.

Another thing diffuser has going for it is size. I don't mind a little less efficiency if I don't have to have a bazooka under my cabinet. Plenty of reports to the contrary anyway. Lot's of people claim to have reduced their co2 input after switching to one of these inline diffusers.
post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You hit on two points that I think are important:
1. The diffuser will be a few feet away from the exhaust end.
2. I didn't know how large of a reactor to build - This is my first time - All the plans have been for large ones - I assume to allow enough water to bat around the bio balls and flow over the CO2 to dissolve it properly. I would have to plumb an inline heater and a 2 foot long reactor before I can run the line into the tank - This becomes a bit precarious - Can someone please post pictures and a plan on how they've done this successfully without air bubbles, and an adequate flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larams67 View Post
Lot's of people claim to have reduced their co2 input after switching to one of these inline diffusers.
GLA said I won't be pumping as much CO2 into the diffuser. Again I understand they would want to make a sale - I question how smart it would be to make a sale and lose a customer forever because of misleading information?

All of that being said I'm not trying to start a flame war - I respect that you guys have more experience than I do and I would like to learn more. I'll post my results with pics and a video once I get this rig up and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larams67 View Post
If you have your diffuser right next to the output. That isn't enough time to dissolve. I think all you have to do to avoid the 7up look is extent the output tubing after the diffuser.

Another thing diffuser has going for it is size. I don't mind a little less efficiency if I don't have to have a bazooka under my cabinet. Plenty of reports to the contrary anyway. Lot's of people claim to have reduced their co2 input after switching to one of these inline diffusers.
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I appreciate the info - I understood they don't make the diffuser themselves - I looked up Intense CO2 Diffuser and I found another site selling the same GLA models - It's considerably cheaper - GLA was great support when I had questions - does anyone have any experience with these guys?

http://theshrimplab.com/store/?p=276

Quote:
No offense,
IMO GLA doesn't make any atomic or inline diffuser. Those diffuser are Intense brand, made in china/taiwan. UP inline diffuser also made by Intense, and they marked their product on its suction cup. Look at UP or GLA diffuser suction, it has same marks
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Planted Member

I just bought the atomic bubble counter from them 2 days ago. Don't know much other than my order was shipped the next day. So far it's a thumbs up but we will see.
post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Planted Tank VIP

Orlando from GLA is usually on the boards alot but has been busy moving his shop for the last few weeks. Speaking for him, I can assure you that if he says they are slightly different and better quality, then they are. He has a great reputation at stake and wouldnt sacrifice it on a few sales. There is another thread on here about the diffuser but I cant seem to find the link. Ill go back and look for you and edit this post.

Here is the link. As you'll see, ONE person seems to think they arent quality without ever claiming to own one or to any research on it, just trying to pointlessly defend their dignity and supposed intelligence.....http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...ffuser-21.html
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks for the review - He's the guy that's been great with my questions thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad320 View Post
Orlando from GLA is usually on the boards alot but has been busy moving his shop for the last few weeks. Speaking for him, I can assure you that if he says they are slightly different and better quality, then they are. He has a great reputation at stake and wouldnt sacrifice it on a few sales. There is another thread on here about the diffuser but I cant seem to find the link. Ill go back and look for you and edit this post.
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

If you want a reactor but aren't interested in DYI like me, you should consider this one. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm quite impressed. It dissolves bubbles completely.

Tony

My 60P journal
and my Edge journal
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks for the info I saw that one right after I placed the order with GLA - I'll try it out since it's going to be here tomorrow.

They need to advertise the barb/hose sizes online - I looked it up and couldn't find it - I see you've got it posted in your thread.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE041 View Post
If you want a reactor but aren't interested in DYI like me, you should consider this one. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm quite impressed. It dissolves bubbles completely.
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundragon View Post
They need to advertise the barb/hose sizes online - I looked it up and couldn't find it - I see you've got it posted in your thread.
I totally agree they should! The small size (that I have) is for 15mm tubing. With hot water and lots of willpower, I did manage to get 13mm tubing onto it.

Tony

My 60P journal
and my Edge journal
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The GLA diffuser has "Engineered by Naito Precision Inc" in the mount and suction cups.

A Google search shows the company is located in Hong Kong.

Quote:
No offense,
IMO GLA doesn't make any atomic or inline diffuser. Those diffuser are Intense brand, made in china/taiwan. UP inline diffuser also made by Intense, and they marked their product on its suction cup. Look at UP or GLA diffuser suction, it has same marks
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Got here late today - It's 4.25" by 2" - tiny by comparison to the 24" reactors - it weighs almost nothing - I will splice it into the line leading out of the Eheim a few inches above the filter so it has a long path before the water enters the tank. When the tank is up and running I'll post a video/images of the output. I don't think the mount is necessary as there's nothing to suction it to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	29225  

Name:	IMG_1681.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	29226  

Name:	IMG_1684.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	29227  

Name:	IMG_1686.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	29228  

Name:	IMG_1690.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	29229  

post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundragon View Post
The GLA diffuser has "Engineered by Naito Precision Inc" in the mount and suction cups.

A Google search shows the company is located in Hong Kong.
If you have UP or INTENSE inline diffuser, you can see they have that marks too. I have both and yes they have same marks with GLA's

Intense CO2 & O2 diffusers:

source

UP diffuser:

source
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I guess I'm confused by what you're trying to point out...

It's not Intense as you mentioned earlier in the post, it's Naito. I am assuming that you were trying to point out that Naito produces it for Intense, UP, and GLA... Ok - many manufacturers sell their products through distrbutors such as GLA. GLA also sells Azoo substrate.

I did see the images and cool video of the exhaust from the diffuser.

Quote:
If you have UP or INTENSE inline diffuser, you can see they have that marks too. I have both and yes they have same marks with GLA's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode