The Planted Tank Forum banner

Quality glass tank

458 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DigityDog70 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a 180 Gal. tank, and may buy something new unless I find a deal on Craigs..... . Due to the size and because it will be in my house, I'll likely use some of the money I've managed to put aside for the project and just bite the bullet. After all, I plan to keep the tank for a long while.

I'm familiar with the usual suspects when it comes to glass aquarium brands but I may need to drill some holes, depending upon how I design my water flow and sump. Now that I'm actually going to buy something, I've arrived at the "research 180Gal glass aquariums juncture. X :D

That said, I'd love to hear what glass tanks you all prefer or .... would suggest steering clear of altogether?

I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers,

DD

#2 ·
I don't thing the actual brand makes too much difference. All of the well known manufacturers make decent tanks. What you might want to look into is having your LFS order you a custom tanks with the viewing sides made using starfire or low iron glass it is much clearer that regular glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.