The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is this a good co2 setup

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SKYE.__.HIGH 
#1 ·

It's a co2 art premium dual stage regulator pack. Should I get the inline atomizer or the bazooka diffuser. I can't afford anything more than this so I would rather no suggestions for higher priced regs. Thanks for any input

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks pretty good but I would replace the atomizer with a good co2 reactor instead. Would get better co2 diffusion with the reactor.

If you cannot get the $50 reactor I recommend the atomizer over the diffuser.
http://nilocg.com/co2-equiptment/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
A diffuser is usually going to be the worst way to dissolve co2. Your percent of co2 dissolved will be lowest meaning you would have to run more co2 to get same amount of dissolved co2 than compared to running a reactor. Also a diffuser you will get the most amount of co2 bubbles in aquarium making the aquarium look like a co2 soda machine. Remember seeing more co2 bubbles does not mean more co2 but the co2 bubbles immediately goes to the top and is not used(wasted co2). A atomizer is better than a diffuser but still not as good as a reactor. You will get some bubbles still with an atomizer but much less than with a diffuser. A reactor you get pretty much zero bubbles and close to 100% co2 dissolved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.