Gla mini-ss co2 regulator - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Question Gla mini-ss co2 regulator

I am new to the planted tank hobby and was wanting some insight into a regulator. I was looking at the GLA MINI-SS CO2 REGULATOR and was wondering if anyone has had experience in using it? I know that GLA is a trusted/great brand, but I personally have never used a CO2 set up before so I'm not sure what to expect. I only have a 5 gallon (for right now) so I don't need anything too fancy, but I want a good quality regulator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I looked into the same reg and I decided to get a GLA Pro and a paintball adapter instead. The GLA Gro is only 20 bucks more and the adapter is about 10 bucks off Amazon. It is made by Aquatek. I would to that instead. Mine has been running for over a year with no issues. If you ever decided to go to a true tank, you would be covered. Make sure to tell GLA that you want an in-line bubble counter, not an attached one. They are happy to do so and for the same price.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 PM
Dwarf Fish Lover

^ +1.

And it is an easier sell due to higher demand if you ever consider upgrade/downgrade/get the hell out of this hobby(don't!)

器材党

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevendust111 View Post
I looked into the same reg and I decided to get a GLA Pro and a paintball adapter instead. The GLA Gro is only 20 bucks more and the adapter is about 10 bucks off Amazon. It is made by Aquatek. I would to that instead. Mine has been running for over a year with no issues. If you ever decided to go to a true tank, you would be covered. Make sure to tell GLA that you want an in-line bubble counter, not an attached one. They are happy to do so and for the same price.

Good point. I do see myself getting a larger tank in the somewhat near future given how addicting all this is, so you make a valid argument.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:01 AM
Algae Grower

I have a PRO SS here and a SS mini on order (should be here in a few days). Love the build quality and will never buy anything else.

My SS mini will come with the large bubble counter attached to the solenoid because I'm not a fan of inline devices hanging onto tubes. I'll report back as soon as it arrives.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
My SS mini will come with the large bubble counter attached to the solenoid because I'm not a fan of inline devices hanging onto tubes. I'll report back as soon as it arrives.
I find I'm always filling the bubble counter on my GLA system as the distilled water evaporates out with time. I honestly don't care for it and really wish I had gone for an external with more water capacity.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
I find I'm always filling the bubble counter on my GLA system as the distilled water evaporates out with time. I honestly don't care for it and really wish I had gone for an external with more water capacity.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz D View Post

How frequently do you have to refill the counter?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode