The Planted Tank Forum banner

Gla mini-ss co2 regulator

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  soc200 
#1 ·
I am new to the planted tank hobby and was wanting some insight into a regulator. I was looking at the GLA MINI-SS CO2 REGULATOR and was wondering if anyone has had experience in using it? I know that GLA is a trusted/great brand, but I personally have never used a CO2 set up before so I'm not sure what to expect. I only have a 5 gallon (for right now) so I don't need anything too fancy, but I want a good quality regulator.

#2 ·
I looked into the same reg and I decided to get a GLA Pro and a paintball adapter instead. The GLA Gro is only 20 bucks more and the adapter is about 10 bucks off Amazon. It is made by Aquatek. I would to that instead. Mine has been running for over a year with no issues. If you ever decided to go to a true tank, you would be covered. Make sure to tell GLA that you want an in-line bubble counter, not an attached one. They are happy to do so and for the same price.

#5 ·
I have a PRO SS here and a SS mini on order (should be here in a few days). Love the build quality and will never buy anything else.

My SS mini will come with the large bubble counter attached to the solenoid because I'm not a fan of inline devices hanging onto tubes. I'll report back as soon as it arrives.

#6 ·
My SS mini will come with the large bubble counter attached to the solenoid because I'm not a fan of inline devices hanging onto tubes. I'll report back as soon as it arrives.
I find I'm always filling the bubble counter on my GLA system as the distilled water evaporates out with time. I honestly don't care for it and really wish I had gone for an external with more water capacity.

Bump:
I find I'm always filling the bubble counter on my GLA system as the distilled water evaporates out with time. I honestly don't care for it and really wish I had gone for an external with more water capacity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.