The Planted Tank Forum banner

Bubble counts

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  doooog 
#1 ·
how many bubbles of CO2 per minute should i have for a 55 gal tank?

Thanks

~Doug

#2 ·
I think that would depend on your CO2 diffusion efficiency. You should adjust your bubble rate so that your total dissolved CO2 is around 25-35ppm during the day.

Felix

#5 ·
It depends on your diffusion efficiency in relation to your water parameters. I say this because you might be like me and have extremely hard water and although you're diffusing the CO2 really well (high-pressure CO2, suitable reactor, low surface agitation, etc.), your pH and KH are naturally so high that you can't as easily keep the CO2 concentrations up (so you have to increase the CO2 flow rate).

Here's a link that has the same information as the page linked in a post above mine, however this page has fields that you can type your pH and KH values into and it will calculate the resulting CO2 concentration for you. This is good if one of those values is off the chart (as are mine). :)

http://watergardens.coolnessdojo.com/co2chart.php

#7 ·
My primary instrument is saxophone but I also play percussion...just not well enough to be in a corps. And of course saxophone isn't used in DCI (at least not yet, thank God). So no, I've never marched with a corps, but I'm a huge fan. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.