The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need to know, And I know there are people out ther that can Answer.

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  xGROMx 
#1 ·
I am building a CO2 system for my 100g Long tank. I am at the point of getting a CO2 Tank.

This question has been asked many times, and never directly answered, I know that a larger tank will last longer and a small one will be shorter, that's common sense.

How long will do your tanks last?

Tank lb / Tank Gallon Size / Refill Time

just post your bottle size / tank size / and how often you refil.

Thanks!

With this data I can get some good averages.

#7 ·
I'm not really sure if you can get an exact answer to base your opinion on because everyone will run their Co2 at different BPS, won't they?

#20 ·
Another thing you need to consider is placement of the tank. You may be able to get long term use from a 20# tank as opposed to a 10# tank but will you have the room to place the 20# tank where it is convient to run your line from the tank to the aquarium?

I think that the best thing that will determine the size is the space you have to put the tank into.

#21 ·
no not realy, in my book it depends on how long it will last, is it work putting it out side of the tank to save money or put it under the tank to look better bust cost more. I am taking everything in consideration here. This is just the part that I couldn't get any one to answer because they always stayed away from it.

This is valuable info right here that can't be found anywhere else on the forum. I just had to get a little harsh to get it. thanks guys and gals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.