The Planted Tank Forum banner

Regulator ID

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  charlie 1 
#1 · (Edited)
To all the Regulator guys, I`m contemplating a Scott Specialty Gases 51215B590 Regulator , Visually to me it looks like the Matheson 3810 series, what do you think?
Any input appreciated .

See less See more
#6 ·
I agree, it has become my favorite too, already have 2 full stainless builds, this one and another prostar to come will make it 4 full SS 3800 series
Naked Pro star (Matheson 3800), i already had some parts like 1 ashcroft gauge, Parker metering valve , Burkert solenoid.
Waiting on some fittinngs, ss cga, & matching ashcroft gauge .
Picked up the naked regulator from the dreaded auction site for 9.99

#8 ·
Bump:
Just my poor attempt at sarcasm for Ebay, as its often referred to as Evil Bay apart from it`s against forum policy to link anything from E bay.

#13 ·
That's a SS body.
I'm calling the Ottawa police department for a stolen SS dual stage regulator.
Sure is off to a great start.
It is SS and will be full SS build - Swagelok fittings ( came in yesterday), Ashcroft 2 " ss gauges, SS cga320, SS check valve , SS burkert 6011solenoid & Parker metering valve. Already had the metering valve , 1 gauge, Burkert solenoid & some Swagelok fittings accumulated over the years :smile2:
Josh the Ottawa cops delivered it :grin2:.

I will post a picture when it`s all done.
Expecting the Scott/Matheson today.

#14 · (Edited)
1st stage complete

Post body under wraps for assembly

All finished in it`s SS bling glory :wink2:, from my best recollection of cost from e bay a few years ago The burket ss 6011 solenoid was about 35.00 same with the Parker metering valve 35.00 approx at that time i bought 4 of them and still have all 4, wish i had bought more , with the above in mind and recent e bay purchases, i estimated total cost to be around 215.00.
I guess what i`m saying is that with patience and time this is what can be accomplished, it is definitely not one stop shop, hence why the people that build these things for resale do so with a cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.