The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cheap Paintball c02 Regulators

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Econde 
#1 ·
Anyone have any luck/experience with the c02 regulators from ebay? Specifically the ones from overseas?

#4 ·
Has anyone tried the generic looking ones from ebay? They're about 60 bucks, sometimes less. I am currently looking at that aquatek one, but if I can save some money, of course I will go with the latter. [Ebay Link Removed] Like these.[/URL]

#9 ·
Yea as frugal as I am, I'm a bit weary about the quality of those generic looking regulators. I would not want to purchase something that has a higher risk of failure just to save 25-30 bucks. I might just bite the bullet and get the aquatek mini unless I find another reputable brand that makes Paintball regulators.

#16 ·
So here it is. I will end up taking it to work for some fine tuning and making sure the seals are good.

Bubble counter and another set of needle valves are coming from China. 1” gauge for paintball ASA valve on evilbay for 5 buck. I'm using a 1/8” to 1/4" brass needle valve from Home depot 7 bucks. Solenoid was from evilbay it was 13 bucks. Ninja paintball UFA with 2 ports was 16 bucks. Used 20 oz paintball tank for 13 bucks. Extras such as Teflon tape, 1/8 inch hex nipple and 3 meters of 1/4” polyurethane tubing all from home depot.

I already have a glass/ceramic diffuser from before and also had extra check valves.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
So I received my new tank today from Amazon. I ordered the Empire Paintball 24 oz but instead they sent a Tippman brand tank. I'm still going to use it. Just want to warn others that the brand they think they are getting might not be what you will receive.

#26 ·
Got this on eebbay. New and assembled for less than $100.
Still running for more than 5 years now.

Upgraded to CO2 tank a couple of years ago. I just remove the paintball adapter.
Oh very nice. What brand is that? Did it come from overseas?

#30 ·
Awesome setup! I ran one very similar to yours since February. It's a pain because you will have to adjust the bubble rate pretty often since the needle valve isn't very accurate, but it works surprisingly well for a cheap setup.

A few things you should keep in mind:
-Check your seals every time you change the cylinder or if you notice huge change in the output (bps). You can do this by submerging the setup in a bucket and looking for air bubbles. (only if you don't have the solenoid attached of course.)

-When changing cylinders turn the on/off valve on the tank adapter to off first, then let the c02 exit like normal until there is no pressure difference. If you don't do it this way the seal on the on/off valve will blow and it's really difficult to replace.

-Look up end-of-tank dump and just be aware when your cylinder is low.

-Make really small adjustments to the needle valve and monitor the output for 10min after each change

#31 ·
Will do. I accidentally vented the old cylinder. But I was able to use the leftover from that tank before I ordered the new one. So yea I know exactly what you're talking about the touchy valves. I have mine attached to my power head. My glass/ceramic diffuser didn't work as well as the power head impeller breaking the bubbles up.

I actually took the solenoid off since I'm running it at about 2bps all day everyday. And yea I dunked it in a bucket when I turned the main valve on to check for leaks. I also pipe threaded the hell out of everything.

All in all its working. It works for what I need it to do and I'm very satisfied with it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.