The Planted Tank Forum banner

Stand for a rimless 25g Cube (18x18x18)

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  sevendust111 
#1 ·
I need a stand for a 25-gallon cube (18x18x18). I am having trouble finding anything…

Stipulations:

1. No DIY (I do not have the time to build this myself)
2. Big enough to house an Eheim 2215 and a GLA Pro w/ 24oz paintball tank
3. Must be black
4. $200 max budget

Here is what I have found so far….

Marineland Simple Modern Stand 18x18 (like this one better)
Marineland Newport Stand 20x18

I am open to using regular furniture not meant for tanks but I am a little concerned with doing that given the dimensions/gallons of the tank. My 20Long is on a 40$ Better Homes and Gardens Square 4 Cube Organizer from Wal-Mart, but it is longer so the weight is more dispersed.

Any ideas?

#4 ·
Okay. Sometimes I find just stirring the pot and bringing a post back to the top can get some interest from those who might have passed over.
I'm way far out for practical to the East Coast but then there may be others. I kind of enjoy doing some building but we all have different wishes. Your choices kind of look like what I like. On stands, I try to avoid too many ruffles and frills a they tend to catch drips or fill up with dust so that either way, I can't keep them wiped down. black's a nice color to me but I'm now doing some in a dark grey and kind of liking that.
For custom made, it could be a pretty simple box of plywood with minimum framing to hold the corners together. As long as the sides go top to bottom with wood, many normal pieces might be repurposed. Some things to avoid are the ones that have little pointed legs or legs that are set inside or out rather than directly under where the weight is coming down on the sides.

For value, I often jog by the salvage stores like Goodwill, etc. just to check what they might have in used. I'm there pretty often looking for powers supplies for small projects so I make it a two for one trip. Amy close by might be worth the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.