The Planted Tank Forum banner

Swagelok B-ORM2-A Valve?

663 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  kevmo911 
#1 ·
Is this valve any good for a pressurized CO2 system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
The "O" series is not rare, you don't see a whole lot of them in use in our hobby. I can't recall anybody actually using one - though likely you can find some threads about them if you search long enough - but its flow rate (Cv), according to Bettatail's metering valve thread, is theoretically low enough. There are a few more characteristics which determine its usefulness, but Cv is a starting point. That said, I suspect it's useable, though not great. Almost certainly better than the generic valves that come with all the premade systems (Milwaukee, Azoo, Atuatek, and all the rest of the cheapo clones).

I did buy one a while back, but never got around to testing it, sorry :/

Bettatail's metering valve thread (note that not all the valves in this thread are suitable, or even if suitable, very good):
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/9...ves-selection-our-co2-pressurized-system.html

#4 ·
Also keep in mind that handle diameter plays a big role, even though it's rarely talked about. The S series standard handles are tiny, but the available vernier handles are much larger. I did some math somewhere, but the idea is that with, say, 1/4 turn, a point on the outside edge of a vernier handle moves something like 2.5 times as far as with a standard handle, on the same valve, with the same result. So it's much easier to make small adjustments with a larger handle.

With that in mind, the handle on the O valve might be much larger than the handle on an S valve, so I'd suggest keeping the O valve as a possibility as you keep looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.