The Planted Tank Forum banner

Oxygenation Suggestions?

529 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  michu 
#1 ·
I had a sump on my old system years ago. After purchasing a Milwaukee regulator and pH controller that both caused fatal and near-fatal fish deaths, dearest Left C stepped in and got me rigged up with a Victor dual stage, big eheim filter (don't remember the model number), and a PinPoint controller.

The pinpoint controlled two devices for pH. When the pH rose above a certain setpoint, the CO2 would kick on and the sump would kick off. When it fell below a certain setpoint, my sump kicked on and CO2 kicked off. I was able to maintain pH between 6.8 and 7.2 at all times. While a broad range, it was fine for the plants, fish, snails, and amanos I had. When the Milwaukee stuff went out the door, so did my wild pH swings.

Now that I've started over, I no longer have a sump My aquarium is a 32 gallon kept on top of my desk. With the two eheims I have running, along with my computer, CO2 tank and the like, I barely have room for my legs. Certainly no room for a sump of any size. I know I could use an airstone to plug into the controller, but I can't stand the buzzing noise and hate the idea of an airstone in my tank.

Will the main filter be enough to get the tank oxygenated quickly if the CO2 falls lower than I want? I'm thinking probably not. Certainly not like that overflow to the sump. Can you guys tell me how I can quickly oxygenate my tank without having an airstone in the tank?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Why don't you turn off airstones, run c02 with lights and then turn off the lights with airstones and no c02? Are you making disney world?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.