The Planted Tank Forum banner

Check valve placement...

711 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  The Big Buddha 
#1 ·
So I just built my first dual stage regulator to replace my Azoo regulator. I run 3 aquariums off it.

The order is regulator -> clippard check valve right after solenoid output -> 3 way brass manifold splitting to 3 fabco valves -> bubble counters -> then to Kynar check valves right before the reactor inputs.

in the morning, my tubes from the reactor check valves all the way to to just before the manifold are full of water. Takes a while for the system to purge the water and get going in the morning, even running at 35psi.

So my question is, I have 3 more clippard valves on order, where should I place them? Reactor input or off the manifold? When I changed out the fittings on the manifold there were a few drops of water that came out of the manifold, which probably isn't a good thing.

Cheers and thanks

#3 ·
Less than a year old. I replaced one kynar with another one, same thing. One of the reasons I'm trying to go to the clippards.
However, on my 40b, it goes from the fabco to a bubble counter hanging on the outside of the 40b (my visual indicator that co2 is running) then to a kynar at the Griggs style reactor. In the morning this tube from the fabco to the 40b bubble counter is completely collapsed, but again, excess water in the bubble counter and in the tube from the bubble counter to the kynar. This leads me to believe that this bubble counter's internal check valve is rock solid. I am also changing everything over from silicone to polypropylene with push connects since I had a silicone tube fail on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.