The Planted Tank Forum banner

ista i-641 co2 regulator anyone?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bradleyv1714 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this regulator? I can't find any good reviews on it. I picked one up today, looks nice, very small and in order to fit it on my 10lb tank it needs some kind of extension as it doesn't fit around the tank black handle.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I haven't used this particular regulator, but whenever I hear that an adapter/extension is needed I start to worry about leaks. I did have one of Ista's lower-end setups and it was 1) a pain to get refilled and 2) the two plastic parts eventually broke.

I hope things work out for you.

#4 ·
I bought it really cheap, brands new in a box, never used. I had a local welding shop help me with a connector so it is all hocked up now.

Does anybody know what is the best way to test for small leaks? I put some pressure in it last night and this morning it is all gone.
Initially, I tested with soap water and found some leaks around connector that I closed.
I was thinking to put all unit under the water just to see where it comes from but I don't think that the regulator is water resistant.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.