The Planted Tank Forum banner

What size tank do we think this is

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  lnstevens 
#1 ·
This tank and stand for 200 locally in tempted if it's a 125 or so?
Guestimates?
Wife will for certain kill me as I am running 3x55g and a 20g currently...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 125 and a 75. My guess is 75 but pics can be deceiving.

#5 ·
She does have to put up with a lot.
I mean she married me lol.
This is a fair point Gramps perhaps I won't push it. Not for a 75 anyway.
Since I have a goodly life insurance policy as well as a sizeable arsenal I think discretion may be the better part of valor! Were it perhaps a 125....Shrug....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: GrampsGrunge
#4 ·
When it comes to aquariums better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission :wink2:

#6 ·
I gave 75 bucks for my 75 with stand. You can find a better deal if thats what it is.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm glad someone could see the tape measure I couldn't read it lol
Guess I'm blind.

Bump:
Oh it's the same here.
I never fathom why fools think their old etched 30 year old tank with cracked braces is worth 400 bucks (example) and its a 55g.
But all day long you sift through crap.
I hate to tell them but fact is people used tanks are NOT an investment opportunity.
You are going to lose your A@@ on resale.
(The reason my storeroom has 2 20g a 10 and did have a hex front 46g I gave away. Makes more sense to keep the stuff should I need or share with the deserving)
But clearly with so many priced so insanely one has to ask what idiots are paying those prices????:surprise:

Also why I stuck with 55g bought 2 of the 3 used then caught the petco sale buck a gallon new they do 2x a year.
Craiglist found me a stand for it with a garbage tank I set at the curb lol.

Reactions: MCSLABS
#11 ·
That just looks like 24" not 18 to me. If so that would be a 120.

#17 ·
I have to agree without measuring it by my sight that looks like a 24-inch tank. I look at my 75 all the time and that looks deeper than my 75 and looks closer to a 120.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
I have to agree without measuring it by my side that looks like a 24-inch tank. I look at my 75 all the time and that looks deeper than my 75 and looks closer to a 120.

Oh you shouldn't have said that.
You definitely shouldn't have said that.
Now I am starting to want to tell her its a 120 and give her 1 buck a gallon.

#23 ·
I had to go back and look at the tape measure and I think the pictures are deceiving. It looks like that tank is a 75 at only 21 tall. But without knowing the front to back depth there is no way to be sure. And she/he didn't bother to measure the front to back depth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.