The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Mark's - "Petit Coin de Paradis" (Updated Pics)
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (135/99%)
I am finally done with the minerializing of my topsoil. What a thrill to see the results! To complete the steps of the process below are some pics to the final product.

After doing the drying process 5 times (I think I could have stopped after 3 times, but being a newbie at it, I was looking for the soil to do something it wasn't going to do.) I started the sifting process. I took my wheelbarrow and put a piece of plastic in it and then I have a piece screening material that they use in gravel pits to screen rocks and put that on top of it. I purchased a piece of wire mesh material at my local lumber store and put the across the top of the screen. Then I poured some of the dirt on it and started crushing it thru.

Soil after the last drying process...

The start of the screening process..

The product after that screening...

Then I also had purchased a piece of window screen and I now placed that on top of those screens and repeated the process..

The final product.....Mineralized Soil!!!..

Closer look, it is like a powder...

Now I just have to fine time to start up this tank.

Current Tank Journals: 125 Dream~~~~
Retired Tank Journals: Tranquility ~~~~ Les Collines Rouges ~~~~ Restful Hideaway Riparium~~~~Gone Live-55Gal
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome