The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 2.5 gal "Arroyo"
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Send a message via AIM to Bonefish
Back from the LFS with an update. I've got some good news and bad news.

Bad news first: the LFS didn't have any of the plants I'm looking for, so I'll have to order online. There is a silver lining: ordering online allows me a much greater selection of plants to choose from.

The good news is that I found more pieces of petrified wood for the iwagumi. The biggest piece still isn't as tall as I'd like, but I'm hoping that the mound of soil it's on will help make up for its lack of height. Right now there are seven rocks total in the layout. I'm mostly pleased with how it looks at the moment.

This photo doesn't show the true colors of the rocks. They're more of a pinkish tan. My camera sucks and darkens everything

Angle at which you view the tank from the computer desk. It was tough to get the layout to look okay from multiple angles.

Any other suggestions re: rock positions? Like I said, I'm pretty happy with this. I'm hoping the larger rocks and more dynamic sloping will keep the scape exciting.

Next conundrum is plants. I've had a change of plan from my first post. Here's what I'm thinking now:

The Pelia and HC I can order from the site I'm looking at (AZ Gardens), but I have no idea where to get UG, nor do I know how hard UG is to maintain in a nano under the conditions I've got. Micro sword, which I can also get from AZ Gardens, might be a decent (and more hardy) substitute for the UG, though I'm in love with how UG looks in the photos I've seen of it.

Hopefully I'll get to ordering the plants over the weekend.

EDIT: It turns out that one of the online stores that sells UG is located about 30 minutes from my house. Gonna give them a call to see if they do pickups in person. Nothing like saving on shipping!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome