Join Date: May 2012
Location: Monterey Park, CA
12g long journey
I'm back from my long hiatsu from the hobby! I had decided to start with a 12G Long and need some help to get me jump started. Here are my current equipments.
Tank: Mr. Aqua 12g Long
Light: Undecided. Suggestions? I'll be sticking to low light plants and moss.
Filter: Eheim 2113 (diy ugf method)
Substrate: Yubao soil (will be exchanging to controlsoil)
Additives: Will be picking up some up from bonstoneric)
Here's a few things I was concerned about..
1) My pvc setup is a little off on the cap part, will that effect anything? Should I get a longer pipe?
2) Will lava rock cover just as well as bio medias would? Should I do media inside and lava rock on the outter part?
3) What's the best method for water changes for this tank without disturbing the soil?
4) I heard diy ugfs clear ammonia a lot faster? Will it fully cycle? Will I have to worry about mini cycles?
5) How big should I drill the holes and how far apart? Will it be on both pipes?
It's my first time with a diy ugf..
If anyone could help me out, that'd be great!