Will FLUbendazole kill shrimp (have hydras) - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 08:43 AM
Algae Grower
I'm going to thread jack instead of making a new one.

I have a 33g long shrimp tank with tons of planaria. I just ordered some fish fenbendazole from eBay and have a few questions. How much should I dose? A full bag? Half?
Can I dose into the substrate? Seems like they only come out when I feed.
Can I mix with shrimp food, let it soak and put it in my tank? Will that kill my shrimp?

Sorry, if this was rude of me to post here. Just thought it was the same subject and may help others as well.
Sponsored Links
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Wannabe Guru
Easiest way to treat for planaria and hydra is to buy liquid goat de-wormer called Safe Guard (fenbendazole). I got mine on line. Just google it and you will find where to bid on/buy it. It's 2 ml per 10 gal. It will not hurt fish or shrimp. Just pour it into the water. It will kill nerite snails and I lost a few of my MTSs, but many of them made it just fine. It did not affect my mini ramshorns and assassin snails from what I could tell. But nerites definitely have to be removed and it takes several water changes before these snails to go back in. It can take up to 5 days before all the planaria are gone, hydra will be gone the next day.
One treatment is usually enough.

20g L46/hastatus/pygmy corys, 10g OEBTs, 10g blue bees/blue velvet shrimp, 10g CRS, 15g L174s, 10g yellow shrimp, 15g clown plecos/L340 fry, 25g L134s/CPDs, 29g Weitzmani/panda corys, 46g L134s/salt and pepper corys/BNs, rubberlip pleco, 55g SAE/L201s/L199s/BNs/kissing gourami, 75g L316s/BNs/old fish folk, 30g L340s/L211s/CPDs/micro rasboras,10g tangerine tiger/snowball shrimp, 20g L134/habrosus corys, 10g CPD fry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode