Pregnant RCS

Pregnant Ghosts

Front View

Left Side

Right Side

Hangin’ out

See less See more
#8 ·
Foolish1- I am not sure what I am feeding my shrimp. They are eating some pellets I got from yoink. I also feed them spectra tera small pellets .5mm for protein.

Budd- The ghost shrimp are harder to breed then the rcs. They take about a month to hatch. When the eggs do hatch the are in a larvae state, so most of them get suck up the filter. I have only had two come out of the first batch. I am not sure what the feed on, it could be the bacteria or misc. crap in the water. I would try putting them in an air filtered tank. That way they have a chance to grow out of their larval state.

#21 ·
Thanks this is the one I use.

SPECTRUM THERA A SMALL FISH FORMULA:

This is a non medicated Anti-Parasitic sinking pellet that is .5mm in size. It is excellent for fresh or salt water fish. Contains 4 all natural color enhancing ingredients!

MAIN INGREDIENTS: Krill Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Allicin Complex Amino Acids, Algae Meal, Soybean Meal, Fish Oil, Beta Carotene, Spirulina, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal- Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine, Biotin.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS: Protein 40% Min., Fat 5% Min., Fiber 5% Max., Ash 9% Max., Moisture 10% Max.

#22 ·
Those are beautiful shrimp and a great tank! I just got my first cherries yesterday. I was wondering, are they supposed to swim around a lot? Every pic I see on the forums, the cherry shrimp are chilling out on the bottom. Mine spend as much time aswimming through the water as they do walking along the bottom.

#26 ·
Thanks guys. They breed like crazy in there. The tank is very low maintenance. It has been running for over a year now without co2, ferts, and very few water changes (I usually just top it off). I wish I had some recent pics of it. I tied the coffefolia to a rock along with some firemoss on a rock. I also tied some anubias barteri (nana and petite) with firemoss on a long piece of fossilizied wood. The pieses fill in the background very nicely. I took the vals out and made the foreground microsword.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.