Scuds...again..help please =/
Hey everyone, I need some help getting rid of these things.
I have a 8.5gal shrimp tank... not over-run or infested, but I do see a few from time to time. I've been catching what I see, and killing them on sight. I got them from infested HC... -_- that's the first and last time I skip the quarantine step (still new at this planted tank thing).
I co2 bombed my tank... but I guess there were eggs in the plants... or something; and I have some survivors.
I have an idea of how to kill them off, I just need to know if I'm heading in the right direction.
Here's what I intend to do:
1) Move shrimp into another tank
2) Uproot/remove all the HC
3) Drain tank of water
4) Remove substrate and dry it out for... half a day(?)..a day(?)
Here are my questions:
- ^Would the above method work?
- If I wanted to reuse my HC...what can I do to ensure no Scuds/Eggs survive?
- If I dry out the substrate... will all the good bacteria die? (I know this sounds like a dumb question...but in m.bio, I remember reading/learning that some bacteria can survive extreme conditions...just not sure if the ones in my tank can do the same =P)