What canister filter for 10 gallon? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

i just placed my order! went with the eheim 2213. now to make some diy spray bars... anyone know of a place where i can order a cheap inflow lily pipe? like ebay price, but ebay brand only sells as a set so i might have to just go with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

Have you considered buying an acrylic U pipe of some sort? They're often meant for overflow boxes but come in various sizes. You could stick a pre-filter on one end and your filter hose on the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany08fa View Post
i just placed my order! went with the eheim 2213. now to make some diy spray bars... anyone know of a place where i can order a cheap inflow lily pipe? like ebay price, but ebay brand only sells as a set so i might have to just go with that.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ya I just bent a u out of the acrylic then drilled some holes and zip tied a sponge over it. The 1/2" acrylic slid right into my 1/2" tubing with no hose clamps or anything.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ordered some arylic tuning as well. I was planning on trying to bend them myself. I bought a whole bunch just in case i mess up.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I had zero luck bending mine but I can tell you a super awesome cool trick I learned on the net. Heat sand. I think you heat the sand (whatever kind of sand you want) in the oven, then pour it into the tubing with a funnel, cap both ends and you can bend it in any shape you want without getting distortion I tried heat gun but it wanted to crook on me too much. You might be able to find some video links googling 'bending PVC with sand' or 'bending acrylic rods with sand'.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgate View Post
I had zero luck bending mine but I can tell you a super awesome cool trick I learned on the net. Heat sand. I think you heat the sand (whatever kind of sand you want) in the oven, then pour it into the tubing with a funnel, cap both ends and you can bend it in any shape you want without getting distortion I tried heat gun but it wanted to crook on me too much. You might be able to find some video links googling 'bending PVC with sand' or 'bending acrylic rods with sand'.
thanks a lot! i bought a whole bunch so i'll try out different methods for sure!

can anyone help me find the right size lily pipes for an ada 45p? (not trying to buy ada pipes) i was gonna go ebay but the 13mm ones are wayyy to big. i was thinking about doing a 12/16mm to 9/12mm conversion and go with 10mm lily pipes but is there a better option? i was also considering the cal aqua 13mm nano pipes that go for $80, but thats a little on the expensive side plus they're always out of stock. they haven't had those in for like seriously 4 months...

and who has experience ordering stuff from out of the country on ebay? (hong kong, Malaysia) i want to order cause i found some 10mm lily pipes for $26 shipped, but i don't want them coming like 1, 2, 3+ months later.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Planted Member

I just used a piece of tubing to build my own spray bar for one of my powerheads. The cool thing about this is that I get as much tubing as I want for free(even airline tubing).
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Almost everything I've ever ordered from China or Hong Kong has come in 7-10 days.. occasionally something will surprise me and arrive in just 5 or 6. Everything I've ordered from AquaticMagic however has taken more than a month, and they don't provide any kind of tracking #. I'm currently waiting on some 10mm pipes that I ordered from them early in February. I'm giving them a few more days and then I'm filing paypal since my 45 days is coming up soon.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
Almost everything I've ever ordered from China or Hong Kong has come in 7-10 days.. occasionally something will surprise me and arrive in just 5 or 6. Everything I've ordered from AquaticMagic however has taken more than a month, and they don't provide any kind of tracking #. I'm currently waiting on some 10mm pipes that I ordered from them early in February. I'm giving them a few more days and then I'm filing paypal since my 45 days is coming up soon.
Thats kinda what i was afraid of.... I found a set of 10mm lily pipes for $15 shipped so i might go with these just for the intake pipe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode