The Planted Tank Forum banner

Panda garra with my shrimp?

21K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
Had a total impulse buy today and bought 3 panda garra for my shrimp tank, 20 gal, has a few first time berried rilli and young tiger shrimp. Anyone have experience with this? Do you think they'll eat any shrimplets that are born?

#4 ·
I have two panda garra's in my 55g with at least 50 RCS and I've never seen them mess with any of them. They knock them off the algae wafers, but that's all I've ever observed.

Panda garras are very interesting fish. They chase each other around and are very active!

#5 ·
young ones seem safe as they have the downward turned mounths and sort of behave a bit like SAE nibbling on the film in the tank however be prepared to relocate them once they grow a bit larger than the size of the shrimp in the tank as they are omnivores and will eventually prey on smaller animals when they grow up. I think someone mentioend them reaching 4-5 inches in captivity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.