The NEW Amazonia tank my bf and I set up together had been running for about 3 months now looks about all set and ready for some CRS/CBS...yet again
We introduced Neos for a couple weeks now and they are all doing fine. Grazing, eating, molting just fine. Some even got berried during this time! Only a few deaths because they got sucked up into the bigger/stronger updated canister filter (opps!
Everything checks out, but one thing that concerns me is the shrimps that are constantly near the surface of the tank. Looks like they are eating something from the suction cups hold the spray-bar. Nevertheless, they are always there! It couldn't have that much food stuck on the spraybar...
TDS - 120ppm
pH - 6.0 or below. My API test kit shows 6.0 as the lowest it'll go.
gH - 4.5/5
kH - 0
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0
- On for 12 hours a day. 3 on/off cycles. 4 hours each cycle.
- 2213 and Zoomed 501. The 2213 pushes the current mid-tank. The 501 creates a current from the surface. Lots of surface agitation.
- 0.5 - 1 bubble per second on 24/7.
- 100% R/O re-mineralized with Mosura Plus Ultra
- Gravidas, Shield, Stout and Bebi
If anything I think its the pH being too low? Without the CO2 on 24/7 I am getting a 6.0 reading already. I have a drop checker and its always reading about 5.5-6.0 only. Is that just simply too low for Neos? They went from a 6.5+ pH tank over...