The Planted Tank Forum banner

Do rilis like "yucky" when still babies?

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Hmoobthor 
#1 · (Edited)
*Do rilis look ugly when still babies?*
I just got 10 Red rilis from Ocean Blue for 1$ each today and I got
some clear babies with green heads/ blue tint body with red head. They didn't look so good, do they look better as they get older? I wish I could of picked the ones I wanted. :(

#11 ·
Yea, the one in the 3rd pic looks exactly like mines. Is that substrate aquasoil? Thanks for the pics man. I'm glad I didn't get ripped off, but then again... after I came home... I lost 70$. Pretty pissed. I think I either gave the guy an extra 60$ or I dropped it. That's probably why my parents don't like me keeping my money.... good thing vietnamese new year is in a week! SHRIMP SHOPPING SPREE HERE I COME!!! LOL. And that's probably why you don't drink Dr.Pepper. XD

#12 ·
no i use fluval shrimp stratum. its worked well for me and ive had it a year. all my blue rili came from the red and clear rili and i ended up with 95% blues a year later. the purple rili didnt end up breeding well so i dont have many show up of those. but they are pretty when they do show up. rili can be fun to play with since i get alot of diff colors from mine but they all give the diff colors so just cause you gor blue/green ones does not mean they wont give you red babies. i even ended up with a pretty dark cherry from one of the blues i had and all its babies ended up the red and clear rili

#14 ·
i think alot of it depends on the tap water to start off with. i plan on trying fss when i get more. and if you use ro water then it will last alot longer any way. people have had mixed results with fss i have had great luck with it so i plan on sticking with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.