The Planted Tank Forum banner

Crimson's Carbon Rili

9K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Bluek24a4 
#1 ·
Not sure if this has been brought up, but it looks like Crimson has a new morph of Rilis they dubbed "Carbon Rili". These shrimps are black. They look pretty interesting enough. Wondering if they breed true.

Anyone have information or hear more about these guys?

Picture attached.

Discuss.

See less See more
#5 ·
I do agree with you Liam. These guys don't look as solid as Red Rilis.

These have been around for awhile. They do breed true. They are derived from chocolates. They are really expensive though. I heard that they go for 15 bucks each because they are still at that "new and in demand" level and they look stunning.
I just saw these while scanning around on AB for possible Taiwan Bee buys. I wasn't aware people had these already. Pretty awesome stuff!

Black rili morph...I guess coulda came from a chocolate variant....I have a couple with similar patterns in my tank.
Please post a picture if possible. I would love to see what yours look like.

#6 ·
Don't know if they breed true yet. My P1 carbon rilis threw F1s, but too early to tell yet. If the F1s breed true, then I'll be willing to accept them as a pure strain.

Some have blue midsections, some clear. markings are random.

Sometimes breeders in their rush to sell offspring, sell a line that may not be ready as a true strain yet.

#7 ·
Bane of the shrimp world now. It was about the hobby and the craft of breeding nice looking, true breeding shrimp that was around Japan and Taiwan. Then the Germans got in breeding, it spread to the rest of Europe and North America, and now everyone see's dollars signs, so any shrimp that looks different, isn't a mutation, it's a new strain and it's worth 10x what it should be, despite if they breed true or are even able to reproduce when you start cross mixing sub-species in. Some crosses are viable for 3-4-5 generations, then can't breed anymore.

There are lots of people with beautiful ti-bee's out there, that look like zebra's, pure white with black stripes, but they yet to be able to get them to stay fertile after so many generations or breed true (hint never be the first to buy white ti-bee tigers, lol).

#10 ·
Most likely you won't see a full tank of these for quite a while from someone other than a breeder. At $15 a pop for something that is not known to be proven to the shrimp world, and for a neo...well, let's just say you really have to be into the neo and mutations hobby like me (or insane) to even take a chance. Otherwise you risk losing $$$ to something that may not even breed true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.