I just read the ingredients on Aqueon Algae rounds and discovered the very last ingredient on the list is copper sulfate. I have been feeding these algae tabs to my CRS and RCS for a few months now and luckily no deaths have occurred.
Should I stop feeding the algae tabs to my shrimp or just don't worry about it since they seem to like it and none of them have died?
It is usually the copper in medications or supplements that will cause harm to shrimp, The copper in food is trace amounts and is fine for shrimp. I haven't seen any food myself that had more than tace amounts of copper in it.