It is a sad day for Shrimp hobbyist!! - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Algae Grower

He is still here, just not selling bunches at the moment. So all is semi-fine..the first time I felt lost was when he gave me the ID of a shrimp I bought then I went to his website to figure out the price and the website was gone...Was a rare site with helpful info and great shrimp it shall be missed.. Hope all the medical bills get straightened out.

54 61 6b 65 20 4d 65 20 54 6f 20 59 6f 75 72 20 53 68 72 69 6d 70 0d 0a 0d 0a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
Planted Tank Guru

My job is switching insurance providers as well at the end of the year. This seems to be the trend with this current president.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
My job is switching insurance providers as well at the end of the year. This seems to be the trend with this current president.
Watch out, politics are strictly against the rules here. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but you should take out the second part before something bad happens.

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
These pants? are fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
It's my employer. We always get the cheapest available, every year. Plus we pay 25% of our premiums and 100% for dependants. Been that way for 10 years, its just that the cheapeat insurance is now very bad insurance.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordalphus View Post
It's my employer. We always get the cheapest available, every year. Plus we pay 25% of our premiums and 100% for dependants. Been that way for 10 years, its just that the cheapeat insurance is now very bad insurance.
It's amazing how much healthcare costs if something does happen to you. About a month ago I had a shoulder impingement surgery (injured at gym) and they charged my insurance $45k for the procedure. I didn't pay anything but I can't imagine if I did not have insurance or had something that only partially covered the surgery.

I hope it all works out for you so you can 100% focus on shrimp.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 PM
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

Hope you get better Liam,

Health insurance.... arg don't get me going!! Haha

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Growing up in Canada, I can't imagine what it's like to have to worry about that. I can go to any hospital I want and get whatever needs to be done. I'm self-employed and have probably used at least $250,000 worth of health insurance throughout my life, probably a lot more.

Anyways, get better Liam and there is lots of free ecomerce solutions out there if you're interested or need cheap hosting or help setting something up, let me know.

20g platy, , 2 x 10g shrimp, 3 x 20g shrimp, 7.5g shrimp and 1 great dane/mastiff puppy.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Algae Grower

Get well soon! May everything smooth out soon for you and your family!

I have appreciated Liam's expertise in this hobby and his patience with us noobies are doubly appreciated. CBS I got from him are the only Crystals that I have been able to breed - quality, quality, quality!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode