The Planted Tank Forum banner

Killed by a RummyNose

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cantsay39 
#1 ·
I was watching my tank today, and I saw a RCS swimming by, then I saw a rummy nose grab his antenna and hung on to it. He then let go and then bit it again, and swung him around a few times. The RCS finally hit the substrate, and he just sat there, then he went sideways..

I think he lost his antennas, he suffered for a few hours and now he is dead. I see no visible damage other than shaved of antennas. Poor guy.

#10 ·
He left him. Didnt even go back down to check it out. I find that rummynose are kinda dumb, compared to tetras. What a waste.

I left the body in there for a couple of hours, and the neons came around and hovered a few times, then picked at the legs.

I then removed it, because I really do not need them to start liking the taste of shrimp, and then actively hunting my shrimps.

#12 ·
lol... if you see my post from before i almost gave my fish some expensive snacks.. neon tetra.. cories.. with taiwan bee tank.. crs cbs sss grades with golden bees lol after i put them in take em all out lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.