Speedie's Shrimp Pix Collection pt. II **NEW SHRIMP PHOTOS - 8/28/14** - Page 28 - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #406 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement
 
speedie408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 8,313
speedie408 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #407 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
The Security Dude
 
sbarbee54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Badlands
Posts: 4,315
Do you notice when your shadows berry they get darker blue?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline  
post #408 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Algae Grower
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOS ANGELES
Posts: 116
!!!
DeeJayA1 is offline  
post #409 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement
 
speedie408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 8,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
Do you notice when your shadows berry they get darker blue?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I do notice that as well.
speedie408 is offline  
post #410 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement
 
speedie408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 8,313
speedie408 is offline  
post #411 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM
The Security Dude
 
sbarbee54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Badlands
Posts: 4,315
What are you feeding them in this video


Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline  
post #412 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:51 AM
AVN
Wannabe Guru
 
AVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
Taiwan/Mischling tank part 2 VID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45VQ5CoLBLE
I hate you.

In the best way possible.

It might be the jealousy talking. I been eyeing that blue bolt for a while now.

Anyways I got a question, I've been seeing pictures lately of Extreme Ruby Reds without white bars and black spotting like you see on blue bolts, what the heck are they? Red bolts? Some high grade Ruby Reds?

Last edited by AVN; 01-11-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: .
AVN is offline  
post #413 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 AM
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,886
Beautiful very nice. Also great video from just a flip cam you said?

Anyways. Keep it up bro

*Retired for now*
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline  
post #414 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Wanabe BKK Herder
 
Betta Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: IHella<3Oakland
Posts: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVN View Post
Anyways I got a question, I've been seeing pictures lately of Extreme Ruby Reds without white bars and black spotting like you see on blue bolts, what the heck are they? Red bolts? Some high grade Ruby Reds?
The Red Bolts I've seen look like the Blue Bolts (white base with redish/pinkish color instead of blue). The Ruby Reds with black swirls are what some people are calling "Dragons", if that's what you're talking about.
Betta Maniac is offline  
post #415 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement
 
speedie408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 8,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
What are you feeding them in this video
Mosura Excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVN View Post
I hate you.

In the best way possible.

It might be the jealousy talking. I been eyeing that blue bolt for a while now.

Anyways I got a question, I've been seeing pictures lately of Extreme Ruby Reds without white bars and black spotting like you see on blue bolts, what the heck are they? Red bolts? Some high grade Ruby Reds?
I hate you too :P j/k

Blue bolts are very cool indeed so I don't blame ya . What Betta Maniac said is true. The Red Taiwans with black markings are "dragon" ruby/wine red. Red bolts look like snow whites with pink/red pigment coming through the white. They are just another variant of the Taiwan bee tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
Beautiful very nice. Also great video from just a flip cam you said?

Anyways. Keep it up bro
Thank you brotha! These latest vids are all shot with my iphone5. Great video quality on that sucker.
speedie408 is offline  
post #416 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Invert Warrior
 
MABJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 3,886
Wow yeah. They are nice. I hear people also complaining about iPhone picture quality, but it isn't actually bad in reality.

*Retired for now*
|Mossy Bonsai|Almost ADA|DBP Loonnng|CRS Spec|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|Essential tools|List of inverts|Sage advice|Truth About Snails|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline  
post #417 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM
The Security Dude
 
sbarbee54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Badlands
Posts: 4,315
Man my shrimp do not even bat a eye at the Mosura Excel. Most shrimp foods unless it is spinach or a alagae waffer they tunr their nose

55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline  
post #418 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
ShrimpRetirement
 
speedie408's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Central Cali
Posts: 8,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
Wow yeah. They are nice. I hear people also complaining about iPhone picture quality, but it isn't actually bad in reality.
It's fool proof using this camera lol. They key is to have a steady hand, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
Man my shrimp do not even bat a eye at the Mosura Excel. Most shrimp foods unless it is spinach or a alagae waffer they tunr their nose
LOL you feed them too much then bro. Yours don't swarm over blanched spinach, do they?
speedie408 is offline  
post #419 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 PM
The Security Dude
 
sbarbee54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Badlands
Posts: 4,315
Mine swarm to blanched spinach like it was their last meal. I feed them 2 time a week, 1 spinach and 1 algae waffer. I give some Bebi and EI 1 each a week as well as a powder mix of Bee pollen BW shield and Earth Worm powder. But I have a bunch of moss in all my tanks and at least 4-5 leaves decaying at all times. Plus drift wood and cholla wood too. so pleanty of BIO Film spots

55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline  
post #420 of 1213 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Wannabe Guru
 
pejerrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oakland, California
Posts: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarbee54 View Post
Mine swarm to blanched spinach like it was their last meal. I feed them 2 time a week, 1 spinach and 1 algae waffer. I give some Bebi and EI 1 each a week as well as a powder mix of Bee pollen BW shield and Earth Worm powder. But I have a bunch of moss in all my tanks and at least 4-5 leaves decaying at all times. Plus drift wood and cholla wood too. so pleanty of BIO Film spots
Do you use IALs?


A heavily planted shrimp tank is possible!
pejerrey is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome