The Planted Tank Forum banner

How much Fluval stratum for 10 gallon?

30K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  In.a.Box 
#1 ·
I am wanting to set up another shrimp tank. I have a ten gallon tank that I want to use. I want to get some nice substrate for the tank and I can get an 8.8lbs bag on amazon for $18.00 shipped would that be enough? Or should I get an 8.8lbs bag and a 4.4lbs bag together?

#10 ·
I used less than half the small bag in my 2.5, I'd need to a photo of a 3 gallon with a whole 4.4 lb. bag, it must be really deep.

A side note, I tried it for 6 months then tossed it for AS and I'm much happier, my nano journal has most of the details but if you are going to add any rooted plants the Stratum have very little in the way of nutrients and they don't last long.

#12 ·
Here's a photo of my tank. Barely touching an inch on the majority of the tank. On the right side I have a slight slope up to about 1 1/4". I don't think you are taking into account the foot print of the actual tank. Your 2.5 gallon could be one of those tiny slim things for bettas, I have no idea. Mine is one of the large critter keeper type things. Measurements of my tank are 14.5" x 8.6" x 9.6".

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.